Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stubborn as a mule

I don't know how I ever got through the first 36 years of my life without a 4 year old guiding me along. We have had exactly 2 homework assignments from pre-k and already Evan has decided that he knows more than I do. His teachers sent home a "Bb" worksheet yesterday and asked that we work with Evan on his technique. He is apparently doing just fine tracing the dots to make the Bs, but he is not going from top to bottom with his strokes. He likes to make the straight line from bottom to top and then go back to the bottom to start the "bubbles" as I called them. So, we sat down this afternoon to work. As I tried to instruct him on how to properly trace the dots from top to bottom to make Bs, he informed me that I was absolutely wrong. He also informed me that the curvy lines are NOT called bubbles. When asked what they are called, he thought for a long time and finally said they are called circles. It is going to be a LONG 14 years....

No comments: