Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last days of summer

My sister is back at school already for pre-planning, so my mom has Will for three days (Abby is staying with her other grandmother). So, together, we have been trying to keep the kids busy since everyone knows that bored children are much more likely to drive you mad. Yesterday we went to Fernbank to see the Polar Bears and Penguins exhibit. It was cute. The kids got to dress up like penguins and slide down an "ice" slide, they got to put on polar bear paws and walk around on their hands, and they got to play a little game where you are supposed to "catch" fish as they light up - a little like whack-a-mole without the weapon. Then we went to the permanent discovery rooms and let them play some more. Good times were had by all. There are more pictures at the link to the left.


Today, we took the boys (Pressley was at school) to the Botanical Gardens. Had we not climbed Stone Mountain on Saturday, I would say it was really hot out there today. However, given Saturday's experience, I guess today wasn't so bad. The BG has a new exhibit called Sculpture in Motion or some such thing. There were some neat sculptures, but as you might imagine with a 4 year old and 7 year old boy, we spent most of the time in the children's garden area. They had another fun day. Tomorrow, Will and GranNan are coming to go to the pool with us. One last hoorah before Will starts 2nd grade and Abby starts kindergarten on Thursday. Evan doesn't start pre-K until next Monday, but that is soon enough for me. I am looking forward to having some alone time, but I can't believe my little boy is growing up so fast. Luckily, he is still going to the same school where he has always been. There is no uniform or backpack or lunchbox involved quite yet, so I can still pretend he's not in real school. I digress. Anyway, there are also photos from the BG linked at the left, but there are not great. My camera battery was dead, so I had to use my camera phone. There is a BIG difference in the quality....

1 comment:

April said...

Amy, found your blog and loved seeing pics of the kids! Looks like ya'll have had a fun summer!