Friday, August 8, 2008

Cute kid stories...

My kids have been awake since 5:30 this morning and I am grumpy, so I am needing to remind myself of why they are so dear. Last night I went out to dinner with some of my dear friends from college. Since I am not allowed to be out of Pressley's sight for even a moment, she was with me in the bathroom as I flat-ironed my hair to get ready to go out. I love my flat iron, but every once in a while it will decide to grab one or two hair and just rip them out. Last night was one of those times. So I was standing there saying, "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow...." and Pressley looks up at me with this look of pure concern and says, "Happeen Mommy? Happeen?" (Translation: what happened mommy?) So I tell her I pulled my hair and it hurt really bad. She rushes over to me and throws her arms around my leg and then plants a kiss right on the back of my thigh (with the mmmm-uh sound effect) and says "I sorry Mommy." How sweet is that?

The Evan story is a little old, but still deserves to be told. Last Saturday after we climbed Stone Mountain, you may recall that we went to a birthday party. Evan was standing there at the party eating cake with some of his buddies from school that he hasn't seen much this summer. They were all covered in frosting from head to toe, so Corin approaches Evan with a wet napkin to clean him up. Evan looks up to see Corin coming and then looks at his buddy Robert, lowers his voice about an octave and says (in a mob movie accent), "We've been ratted out, boys!" We knew he had to be quoting from a movie, but couldn't place the quote. He said it again later that day (to no one in particular) and I got the chance to ask him where he had heard that before. He told me that is what the penguins say in "Madagascar" when they get caught escaping from the zoo. Too funny. That one is going to be a movie buff like his daddy and a movie quoter like his mom.

OK. I'm less grumpy now. This blogging thing is so therapeutic.

No comments: