Friday, July 11, 2008

Preparing for the beach

I've been trying all morning to start getting our clothes together at least for the beach trip that is supposed to start tomorrow. The kids have been jumping on the beds, knocking over carefully stacked piles of clothes, etc. Now, my youngest child - who is not potty trained, mind you - has decided that she'd like to spend the entire morning in her birthday suit. No amount of coaxing can get her into a pull-up or pants or a shirt. So, I'm now reduced to following her around the house saying, "Are you sure you don't have to pee-pee? How about now?" This all probably stems from the fact that she decided this morning she wanted to change her own diaper. Really?? Then she insisted on putting her own pants on. Fine. We've been building up to that for a while. But THEN, she found a pair of bloomers I was trying to pack and insisted she wanted to wear them as a top. She spent about 15 minutes walking around the house trying to squeeze her little head and arms into the leg holes of the bloomers....squawking all the while about the difficulty. So, she has already spent the better part of the morning topless. Anyhow, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will now have to clean up pee at some point in addition to all the other stuff I have to do.

In addition to all the drama with Pressley, Evan has decided to collect all the stuffed animals, blankets, pillows, and books he can find and create a big pile in the middle of the floor. Lovely. He is calling the pile our "presents" and making me come look at the "presents" every five seconds. Arrrgggh.

OK, update on the Pressley situation. She has peed, but on the hardwoods, which is actually the best-case scenario. And, it grossed her out so much she happily accepted a pull-up from me, although she is insisting, of course, that she put it on herself (which, as I type, has still not happened). Well, back to the grind. Thanks for "listening." Hilton Head or bust....

No comments: