Thursday, October 9, 2008

Will it never end?!?

It is starting to come together around here, but the house is still a bit chaotic. The crib is in our bedroom, half disassembled. The changing table is in the office, and there is a wardrobe in the hall. Evan's mattress was delivered this morning and the box springs are all wrong. The mattress sits up at least 4 inches above the footboard. I have called the store to see what my options are for exchanging for a low profile box spring, but they haven't called me back yet - despite the fact they told me an hour ago it would be 10-15 minutes. There is only so much a girl can take in one week. I know it was my crazy idea to do all this in the first place, but holy cow!! Will it never end??

Meanwhile, Pressley is refusing to nap in her big girl bed unless mommy is laying with her. I cannot seem to convey to her that mommy needs both the time it takes her to fall asleep and the time she is actually sleeping to get her work hours in. She is unimpressed with my plight. At night, she doesn't crawl out of the bed every 5 seconds like she does at nap time. Instead, she just cries pitifully until she wears herself out and falls asleep. It kills me to let her cry, but I do know that if I don't, she will just keep manipulating us at bedtime until she is 14 (which I realize she is liable to do anyway).

Here's hoping for a more sane week next week. I can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel -- however faint.

Quick aside: Sometimes it pays not to screen your calls. I just got an out of state call and I was tempted not to answer. Something made me answer anyway, and I'm so glad I did. It was my mail-in pharmacy company. Get this: there is an automated voice asking if I am Amy McCarthy and telling me to say yes or no. After a number of other steps to verify that I was indeed Amy McCarthy, the automated voice tells me that one of my prescriptions is ready to be refilled and asks if I'd like for her to go ahead and take care of that for me. Umm, yes! It would have taken me days to get around to noticing I was low and calling in the refill. That is customer service. It is the little things in life that make me happy... My house may be completely chaotic, but some computerized woman somewhere in Massachusetts cared enough to refill my prescription for me. Ahhhhhhh. I never got that kind of service from the Rite-Aid.

No comments: