Thursday, October 16, 2008

See? We're getting there....

Our housekeeper was here today, so the new beds are made up as neatly as they will be until next time she comes. So, it seems an appropriate time to take a photo to show you that we really are making progress. The kids' new rooms are so cute. Here is Evan's new sports-themed bed. He picked it out all by himself (from among the mom-approved choices I gave him). I'm not sure if you can see the super-cute lamp on the night stand. It has a baseball bat and balls around the lamp base.



Pressley's bed is really cute, too. When I was pregnant with Evan and we had just bought this house, I fell in love with some baby boy bedding that was khaki and red. I somehow talked Corin into letting me have it, and then I talked him into letting me have some roman shades made for the nursery that are khaki with red trim.... which meant that Pressley's nursery bedding, and now her big girl bedding, had to incorporate the red. I don't regret the decision because I still love those window treatments. And, with all the cute choices out there for girl bedding, it helps to have the boundary of finding something with red. If I didn't have that restriction, I might be still deciding on her big girl bedding when she goes to the prom. I think what we ended up with is perfect for her. A little girly, but not too frilly...because this is not a frilly child. And she loves it. She climbs her little steps (which she also loves) and runs her hand across the quilt like Vanna White and says, "Look at my f-lowers, mommy!"

If I ever get around to doing the decorative painting and such that I have in my head, I'll be sure to update the photos. But, seriously, who are we kidding? The chances of my following through on that are slim to none.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: