Saturday, April 10, 2010

This post was going to be about Easter...

I was all ready to post a few photos of Easter because we're back from our spring break trip and now I have an actual backlog of things to catch up on. But then I saw the line from my last post that said, "Note to self: order Pressley's...birthday party invitations before it is too late."

OK. Before you get ahead of yourself and judge me for forgetting...I did not forget. The invitations came while we were out of town. However. HOWEVER. I am glad that I did not have them pre-printed, because while we were on vacation, I got an e-vite from two families of kids in Pressley's class at school who are co-hosting a party for their two sons on the same day that I was planning to have Pressley's party. So, I spent quite a few minutes obsessing about the situation. Aloud. To my mother. Who graciously pretended to care.

And then. AND THEN...

Lo and behold I got another e-vite from another mother of a classmate of Pressley's inviting us to her birthday party on the alternate date I had finally settled on. After all the obsessing. Could I have worse luck? I mean, when am I supposed to have a party for this child without totally annoying all the other parents who now already have 3 presents to buy within the two weekend span surrounding Pressley's birthday??

And, I thought maybe we could get away with only inviting gymnastics friends and church friends and only a few friends from school who are closest to her. But dang it if she doesn't take after her mother (ahem) and feel as if everyone she knows should be involved in celebrating her birthday!

I think I have settled on having her party on a Sunday (which would never be my first choice, but does have the advantage of being her actual birthday), and just throw caution to the wind. As long as we invite everyone she knows, she may be so distracted by the guests who do show up that she won't notice the ones who don't come because their parents didn't want to buy one more friggin' birthday present for the last weekend in April and the first weekend in May.

Oh. And now my invitations are going to go out 5 days later than the ones for the double party that will take place one day before. And I thought being a lawyer was hard. This super-mommy thing is a chore!

I promise to tackle the backlog of pictures tomorrow. But now I have a backlog of shows on the DVR that are not going to watch themselves....

No comments: