Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter festivities

We had a really lovely Easter celebration here in the McCarthy house. I already told you about the egg hunt we had at church on the Saturday before Easter. After we got home, the kids and Corin dyed some eggs. After bedtime, the Easter Bunny paid a visit to the kids. When they woke up, they were very excited about their goods. Lots of candy, a movie for each, a new Wii game (which, come to think of it, we still haven't opened to play), etc. Then we went upstairs to get dressed for church...(And we made it to the 9:00 service more or less on time, which is a feat in and of itself.)

This is the first year that I haven't completely obsessed about making sure that the kids' Easter outfits coordinated. And, wouldn't you know it...it is the first year I've gotten a photo of both of them looking at the camera in the same picture. Go figure. Oh, well. It's not like the clash, but they don't go. On another note, please note Evan's tucked-in shirt and his big boy belt. I typically get him a sweater vest so I don't have to fool with making him keep a shirt tucked in. But, seeing as he's almost six, I figured it was time he learned to tuck in a shirt and buckle a belt. Seriously. I know that is sad that I didn't tackle this issue before now, but I'm in a place where I like to pick my battles.

Then, for the third year in a row, we had my side of the family over for the Easter meal. This year we got together for dinner rather than lunch, and I inadvertently made Corin do the lion-share of the work by suggesting we do a bunch of stuff on the grill. I promise that wasn't pre-meditated. Not because I'm above doing that to him, but because I just didn't think of it. Oh, I kid. Really the whole grill thing was a ploy to create a menu that I could eat since I'm still on this silly ever-so-restrictive diet.

Before we sent Corin out to slave away at the grill, we all went down to the grassy common area of our subdivision (which the kids call "the rocks") to let the cousins all hunt eggs. They were enthusiastic about all the egg hunting despite the fact that this time around the eggs were completely empty.


I will return shortly to report on our trip to the beach and post some pictures from that adventure.

1 comment:

Shay-Zee said...

Was P wearing a filmy negligee in those first pics?