Thursday, April 22, 2010

Inside her brain

I'm trying to get ready for Pressley's birthday party this weekend. Part of the prep is getting the frosting transfer ready for her cake. She wants Jasmine on her cake this year, so a couple of days ago, I found a couple of coloring book pages that I thought I could use. I decided to let her choose which one she wanted on the cake. So I showed her the following two pictures:


(I know the quality is poor. And, I tried and tried to get them to show up next to each other, but as we all know, I'm technologically challenged and that was apparently beyond my skill level.)

I asked her which one she would like on her cake. She laid them side by side and thought for a moment.

"Welllll," she said. "When she's doing this [pointing to the top picture above], she looks like a kid. But when she's sitting at her mira, she looks like a princess. And she needs to look like a princess. So, I guess this one [pointing at the bottom picture above]."

Alrighty then. Decision made. And good to know that lying on one's tummy with ankles raised and crossed makes one look like a kid. I think I may start trying that as I approach my forties. See if it makes me look more youthful.

Stay tuned for pictures of the cake. (But if you think I'm doing that vanity, you've got another think coming. There will be Jasmine and there will be something for her to perch on. That is it. I hope she still looks like a princess when the "mira" is out of the equation.)

** Just one more little note. My spell check just informed me that I don't even know how to spell technologically-challenged on my own. So sad when a once-bright mind goes dim...

No comments: