Monday, September 15, 2008

The 5 o'clock crazies

Tonight, just as I was about to sit down to dinner, Corin called to say he would be late. Since the kids had already decided they weren't going to eat any steak, potatoes, or zucchini, I eventually excused them from the table and ate alone. While I ate, they got wound up. As I loaded the dishwasher, they disassembled our sitting room. Corin walked in a moment later to find Pressley's naked hiney sticking out of a pile of cushions on the floor. (I had just been summoned by Evan's remark that Pressley wanted to show me something, and that was what I found as well. Somehow the two of them got her jeans and her diaper off while I was loading the dishwasher. Still don't know why.) Corin has told me in the past that his mom called this sort of behavior the 5 o'clock crazies when he was growing up. Apparently, it happens at 7:15 in our house. I am upstairs in the office for about 10 minutes for some much-needed crazy-free time.

No comments: