Monday, February 15, 2010

Quite a game

Evan is playing basketball at Briarlake. It is our first experience with basketball and it is our first experience with playing sports at the church where I grew up. Yes, they probably had the program when I was growing up, but I have never had any more athletic prowess or interest than I do right at this moment. So, clearly I never played.

Apparently, each season, one practice is dedicated to a player-parent scrimmage. Corin graciously agreed to leave work early and meet us up at the church for this event so that I was mercifully left to photograph the event rather than participate in it. We hear there has never been a game in which the parents beat the kids. Apparently...the parents of the players at Briarlake are themselves some lousy athletes. I would have fit right in, I guess. But I still prefer the photographing to the participating.

The kids (and I think the parents) had a great time. Then, our team parents arranged to have pizza upstairs in the backlot for all the families after practice. Good times had by all. Here are some of the photos:
I think you can see why the parents may have been outmatched....
(Please note that the photo of the scoreboard was the final score despite the fact that it shows four minutes remaining on the clock. Let's not let the pizza get cold, people!)


(Also, please note my hubby in shorts and sneakers with his gangsta' jacket. I would not have taken that photo had he not himself pointed out that he looked like a flasher. And he may have even "flashed" me.)
(You may also note that the quality of these photos is particularly poor. And you may think that that is because I forgot my camera again and took these photos on the iPhone. You would be wrong. These were taken with the "good" camera. May be time to get mama a new camera.)

1 comment:

Betty Lou said...

Amy, it's always such a treat to see you've updated the blog, as 9 out of 10 posts have me laughing out loud. This latest was just what I needed tonight. Thank you for your honesty & transparency. Oh, I didn't participate in the parent scrimmage either, Jim had just started that as Allen was about to graduate from Briarlake's youth program.