Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A pipe dream

Saturday, my "status update" on Facebook said the following:
"Amy is is headed to a park near my parents' house to see if my dad can capture some good pics of the kids frolicking happily in their Christmas finery on this 43 degree day...at naptime. What could possibly go wrong?"
I knew that outdoor photos in December would be a bad idea - even in Atlanta, but I just thought if I put enough layers under their clothes, that maybe we could get a few good shots. You see, our house was not yet decorated for Christmas and I didn't want all my photos to be taken in front of my parents' Christmas decorations, because as nice as they are, they are not ours. So, the plan was to take the kids to the lake at Henderson park and let them run around and point at ducks and look adorable. We got to my parents' house, got them dressed, bundled them up (from underneath) and took some indoor shots to start. Then, we decided to go outside at the house for a minute before we left to go to the park. We took a few shots of the kids sitting on the brick wall in front of the house (my idea) and some of them in front of the holly bush in the back (mom's idea).
This is how those turned out:


My personal favorite is the one in front of the holly bush where you can almost see Pressley's teeth chattering.
Since there was already much complaining (by kids and adults alike) about how cold it was, we ditched the park idea entirely and got some pretty cute ones inside the house in places where the decor was not too specific to mom and dad - or where there was no decor in the background.
Overall, I'm happy. But next year, I may have to get my act together a little earlier in the season so we can take advantage of the very late Indian summer around here and photograph some happy outdoor frolicking, dangit!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Hey there -- still enjoying reading your blog (from La.!). Two things: (1) addison and P have the same christmas dress -- precious and (2) your pics turned out MUCH better than ours did!!!