Sunday, May 24, 2009

My baby is growing up

Yesterday was Evan's FIFTH birthday party. Where does the time go? I have no idea. It seems like no time since 5 years ago today, we were at my Granny's house to celebrate my cousin Matt's birthday and I was in labor. Corin and I went to Longhorn for a quick dinner, where we timed contractions. When the waitress came to the table after we'd finished eating, she asked when I was due. Corin and I both looked at our watches. Apparently a disconcerting answer for waitress. She was back in a flash with our check. We went on to Granny's because the contractions were not all that close together or all that painful. But, that all changed while we were there. The contractions became more painful until I finally pulled Corin into the kitchen and told him that he needed to either take me to the hospital or take me home because I was done doing labor in front of people - even if those people were family. Anyhow, to make a long story short, we went to the hospital straight from Matt's birthday celebration and Evan was born at 6:19 the following morning.

Now he is practically grown! He is such a sweet and handsome young man. He had such a good time at his rock climbing party with his friends. It was a good day. There are many, many more pictures under the "Evan's birthday party" link.


2 comments:

Kerry said...

The photos are adorable. What an awesome birthday! And, Evan looked awful darn cute in that tshirt. Hey, where did he get that? :) We'll have to take him on the hike up here that has all the rock climbers. The Mohonk Preserve has the best rock climbing on the east coast. They say. I'm too chicken to try it, but go for it Mister E.

The Rambling Blogger said...

wow....was it really over five years ago that we were sitting outside that mediation on our GAL case? heppy birthday to the big guy!