Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving poems and songs and cupcakes

Today was the kids' Thanksgiving program at school. They were supposed to have it last Friday, but the busted water main closed school and caused the show to be canceled. As I mentioned last week, I always enjoy the silly hats and creative "costumes" that the kids wear for these things. There were no such hats or costumes for either of the kids' classes this time. Oh well. They still looked super cute. I guess I'll have to look for other opportunities to take embarassing photos to show their future girlfriends/boyfriends.

Evan's class recited a poem called Thanksgiving Everyday. It was cute. Evan did a great job of reciting the poem but pretty much refused to do the associtated motions.






Pressley's class sang a song called "I Eat Turkey" to the tune of Frere Jacques. I could not see her at all because one of the teachers moved her to the back row right before they started singing. Corin was in charge of taking the still shots of Pressley while I operated the video camera. I do not know what happened, but those pics did not turn out well. Here are a few blurry ones anyway...



After the program, there was a party in Evan's classroom. The kids enjoyed eating all kinds of junk food and playing in Evan's class. It was a fun day. I am not in any hurry to cook dinner because I am making a frittata and the only hope I had that they would eat it (because it is somewhat unfamiliar) was if they were starving. That is not gonna happen, so I'm sure dinner time will be a struggle. Oh, well. I'm off to give it a shot.



No comments: