Saturday, November 8, 2008

Scoot back jus a little bit, okaaaay?

Pressley and I had a fun day at Stone Mountain Park yesterday playing on the playground with friends from church. She had a good time playing with her buddies and then we went with them to Moe's for lunch, so that just made her joy complete. The cutest moment of the day was after we got home. She had napped in the car on the way home from lunch, so we had a few minutes to play before we picked Evan up from school. Pressley decided we would have "circle time", so we sat on the floor together and she "read" books to me and showed me flash cards and asked me questions about them. Every time I answered one of her questions correctly, she would say, "Yay! That right!" At one point during circle time, she reached out and patted my leg, leaned in and said to me quietly, "Scoot back jus a little bit, okaaaay?" So cute.

Pressley and Kayla enjoy a snack

After Evan got home from school, we went to the mall to buy some new tennis shoes. I have started feeling bad about the fact that he still wears nothing but crocs all the time, so I have convinced him (sort of) that crocs are summer shoes. There was a train at the mall that travels around the entire upstairs loop, and I told the kids that if they were good during the shoe shopping they could ride the train. They had a ball. And Evan has some cool new Addidas that he will have to learn how to tie.




Pressley and Evan ride the train at the mall

Well, Pressley and I are off to Evan's soccer game to hand out snacks and drinks after the game. Evan is not there. He and Corin have gone to another UT game - this time in Knoxville - and to visit Gran and Grandaddy. So, Pressley and I are having another girls' weekend. We'll try not to do anything you wouldn't do...

No comments: