Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a difference a day makes

Well, in this case, what a difference a month makes. You may recall that one month ago, almost to the day, I was lamenting my potty training woes. But last night, after discovering that Pressley was suffering from a diaper rash, I decided that today we would try again. My friend Tricia had told me that a couple of weeks could make a world of difference, so I decided to give it a go. This morning, as soon as Pressley got up, I got out the big girl panties and took her to sit on the potty. Miracle of all miracles... she peed a little bit. I cheered and hugged and gave her a skittle. We told Evan and he gave her a high five. She was very proud of herself. I'll be darned if she didn't do it again about 30 minutes later. So, in summary, the child has been up for about an hour and 20 minutes and she has pee-peed in the potty twice! That is such significant progress, I think I can handle cleaning up the many accidents that are bound to occur today.

Wish me luck...!

1 comment:

Betty Lou said...

It'll be our turn to take Pressley potty tomorrow morning, can't wait! She'll get a cheer from us too, even should it just be A for effort.