Monday, February 23, 2009

Has it really been two weeks?

Where does the time go? I can't believe it has been two weeks since I posted. I guess I've been a little uninspired lately. Which is sad, because my kids are so precious, they really inspire me every day. As I'm typing, Pressley just came walking in wearing her clicky-clacky dress up shoes, a proper shirt, no pants, a diaper, oh, and a tiara. Yep. Inspiring. She appears to have some sort of stomach bug. Thus, the diaper. She had been doing really well with her potty training and I trust that we will be able to pick right back up where we left off after the bug leaves her poor little body. (Please, please, please...) But, Corin and I have now each cleaned up messes in public restrooms that I dare not speak of in any great detail, so we've resorted to the diaper. Lil' P is not happy about it, but she'll get over it.

What can I tell you about Evan? Yesterday, we were at lunch with my parents after church, which is our Sunday routine. We were talking about a paper that Evan brought home from Sunday school. It has a picture of him taped to the middle and we are supposed to hang it on the fridge and write in the margins the things that make Evan special. So, my parents were listing some things: Evan is so smart, Evan is a good big brother, etc. When they paused, Evan added: Evan has a great mommy and daddy. Just made me melt into a little puddle. He is just the sweetest little boy. He still has his Irish temper and stubbornness, but he just can't help displaying his sweet and sensitive side as well. I love that child!

I'll try to be better about posting. I may even have a picture or two next time.

1 comment:

The Rambling Blogger said...

what a lovely bit of praise from evan! - cheryl (from pogo)