Friday, January 9, 2009

A new low

I must admit that I pretty much stopped wearing make-up when I left my job last year. I do still wear it from time to time. Mostly just powder and blush and lipstick. If I know I'll be seeing people I know, I might add a smidge of eye shadow. On a really special occasion (e.g., church, dinner with the girls, a date with my hubby, etc.), I'll wear eye-liner. If you see me in eye-liner, I've really gone all out. I might even have some foundation on on those days. I'm not proud of this. As I get older, I need make-up even more than I did in my youth. Funny things happen to your skin pigmentation (and don't get me started on pores and wrinkles) when you get older. But, today, I reached a new low. I put newly washed and dried hair into a ponytail. I usually reserve ponytails for the gym. Most days, I blow-dry my hair and use a flat iron. Sometimes, I put the curl enhancing stuff in it and use the diffuser so it will be curly. Today, though, I got out of the shower, dried my hair in a hurry - without brush or diffuser - without straightening it or making any attempt to make it curly - which left me with only one option: the ponytail.

My poor husband. I'm sure he had no idea how far I would let myself go when we had children.... I vow to do better. I must.

No comments: