Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pressley's Pre-K Graduation

I knew I had been neglecting the blog a bit lately (what's new?), but I didn't realize until this morning that I totally failed to report on Pressley's pre-k graduation. I can't let that foul go un-remedied, so I'm taking a couple of steps back in time to rectify my extreme error in judgment.

I have known for some time that Ms. Martha and Ms. Sheila were pulling out all the stops to make some parents cry. The first time I heard Pressley recite this poem, I got a little teary-eyed. That time she did it with a lot less silliness and it was super touching. By the time I got around to recording it a few weeks later, she was hamming it up pretty big. (Not nearly as moving when she is using the silly voices.) But, for what it is worth, here it is:






So, I was prepared for a tear jerker. But, since I had heard the poem several times before graduation, and since I was blown away by Pressley and her classmates and all they've learned this year, I managed not to cry. But it was just one big display of cuteness right across the board.


The class sang many of their letter songs (they learned a song for every letter of the alphabet - mercifully, they didn't sing them all), they counted to thirty in English and French, they recited poems, and even did a little interpretive movement (which Pressley was chosen to do on-stage, because if there is anything Pressley is good at, it is expressing herself).

Here is one of the poems Pressley recited on stage: (Sadly, she wasn't on-stage for the one about her little feet.)





Aaaannnnnd, here is the interpretive movement: (Because I know I can't just say she did interpretive movement without showing you...)






Pressley took her role very seriously. I mean, it just doesn't get any cuter than that, does it?



Clearly, we were very proud. With good reason.





And, now my baby is off to kindergarten. But wait, first...the rest of summer!

No comments: