Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How come I never take you to the airport anymore?

So...I am a big fan of When Harry Met Sally. As pitiful as it makes me sound...it is still one of my favorite movies. I watched half of it very recently, in fact, on Lifetime or WE or some such network. What does that have to do with anything, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. (But I warn you, you still might not really get it. I think I might be getting set for some rambling.)
OK, so there's this line in WHMS where Billy Crystal says he has never taken a girlfriend to the airport at the beginning of a relationship. Because eventually the relationship moves on and you don't take her to the airport anymore, and he never wanted anyone to look at him and say, "How come you never take me to the airport anymore?"
Sometimes that's how I feel about the blog. I wanted readers. I still want readers. I want to tell you about my life and sometimes maybe even make you laugh a little. I appreciate that you care. But, with that comes a lot of pressure - even if it is self-imposed. Sometimes (just every once in a while) I wish I had never taken you to the airport at the beginning of our relationship. I feel that I have spoiled you (those three or four of you who read regularly) by posting at least once and sometimes twice (or even three times) a week. And I put this pressure on myself to post, even when I don't have much to say, because it would break my heart to have you ask me why I never take you to the airport anymore.
Does that make any sense at all?
No?
OK. Fine.
Then here are some pictures of the kids playing in the snow during "Blizzard" 2010. I don't really have a whole lot to say about them. Except this: The first photo, where they have their tongues out... you can't even see the snow, but trust me that there were a few flurries flying around and they were trying to catch them. That last picture of Evan, I'm told, is him trying to throw snow at daddy. Apparently daddy didn't get the shot off until E was done with his follow-through. Oh, well.
The kids (and by "kids", I mean Evan and Corin) had a really good time playing in the snow. They sledded and sledded until there was no snow or ice left. Can you see from the top right photo how much Pressley enjoyed the snow? The girls stayed inside and stayed warm mostly - though I've got to say I'm not sure I've been really warm in about two weeks. So glad I don't live up north...like in Tennessee. I'm just not cut out for being cold.
I could try to promise you that my next post will be more coherent and less rambling, but seriously, I can't possibly make that kind of promise. Any more than I can promise you that I'll continue to post once a week - or more.

3 comments:

The Rambling Blogger said...

i get it. and think it's a sad commentary on life in new england that it felt comparatively warm today...it's in the 20s, not the single digits, to start the day.

Unknown said...

keep posting when you can chick. There are those of us out here who love reading your ramblings. :) I feel your pain about the pressure though. I try not to post until something happens in my life that is "post worthy", but that is sometimes weeks apart. It makes me say to myself..."seriously,am I that boring?" Maybe i am.

MHunter said...

I enjoy your blog and love to check in from time to time - although I can't say I check every week or even every 2 weeks. Anyway though wasn't your original purpose to have a sort of family journal of your family life? Any sort of commitment has a little pressure. (No need to pressure yourself to much though.) Family life isn't always exciting but the simple things are special - although not that exciting. Isn't OK to say this week was just an ordinary week? I made meatloaf, did the laundry and the kids had a play date and watched cartoons? Then you have met your commitment to chronicle your families life but you don't feel forced to write anything long. Anyway I enjoy your blog and admire you for having one and I think its ok if nothing exciting happens and there is nothing exciting to write about sometimes.