Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This and that

Here are some of the highlights of my last 24 hours...

First - Evan has been telling us since last spring when soccer season ended that he wanted to play basketball. Insisted really. Basketball was totally going to be his thing. So. Yesterday was basketball registration at church. When I told Evan we were getting ready to go to register for basketball, he looked up at me and said, "I don't want to play basketball." WHAT?? Long story short: I think I figured out that he thought he was going to actually play basketball last night. And he was very tired and pretty grumpy. Left over from his super fun camping trip with Corin (more on that later). Anyway, after a few phone calls to friends' moms to make sure he'd have buddies playing, we got him registered without further incident. And now he's excited.

Next - I do NOT understand how such big poo can come out of such little people. TMI, I know. But I had to plunge TWO potties last night. Back to back. And the second one overflowed all over the tile floor while the peanut gallery stood on stools brushing their teeth and making aggravating comments. And it continued to overflow even after I shut off the water. Seriously, I do not know why these things only happen when Corin is traveling or working late. Arrrghhh.

Finally - when I took Evan to school this morning, it was raining which always guarantees a long, slow moving carpool line. After Evan got out of the car, Pressley looks up and says, "Come ON, people!" in this very exasperated tone. Oh, wow. I wanted to fuss at her and tell her that was no way to talk, but when I realized that I was hearing myself repeated back to me, what could I say? I've just realized I need to be a bit more careful what I say out of frustration in the car.

Luckily, I've had some much needed down time today and I'm ready to go back to doing my best to be a good mommy instead of a grumpy mess.

No comments: