Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

What do you mean it is almost Valentine's Day?

Sooo... apparently all that end-of-the-year flurry of blogging in December wore me slap out and I let myself off the hook for a month-long vacation. That wasn't the plan. But that is what happened. It is not because the kids stopped being cute or funny or because I ran out of things to say.... It just seems as if I needed a break.


If you live in Atlanta, you know we had some significant snowfall here in January. And that school was closed for A WEEK. Three days after the kids went back to school from Christmas break. That may be what threw me off my game. I love my kids and all, but a WHOLE WEEK of being cooped up after the fun of the sledding and the being outside has worn off gets a little, how shall I say this? OLD. I should be fully recovered by now, but by my frequency of the use of ALLCAPs, you may guess that I'm not. Maybe it is because they are calling for more snow tonight. I don't buy it. Perhaps that is denial or perhaps it is that I rest comfortably in the knowledge that once I bought boots for both kids after the last snow, it is unlikely we'll see accumulation around these parts again until after they have decidedly outgrown said boots. It is Murphy's Law. The Reverse Jinx (as my friend, Shay, calls it).


Anywho... I have snow pictures. Not many. But a few. Wanna see?













And, I seriously can't believe it is February already. I am back at work at GSU for the next 4 or 5 weeks, so I can only imagine that those weeks will fly by as well. But I am committed to not being absent for quite so long next time.

No comments: